Java Software Developer – R&D (m/f)
With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
hybris is searching for strong Java developers.
- About you Are you a strong Java developer or destined to become one? Do you have a passion for API design and a penchant for shipping software? If you do, hybris is looking for seasoned Java developers like you to join our growing R&D team.
- Your Responsibilities
You will design and implement new APIs and features for the hybris Commerce Suite. You will participate in refactoring efforts and write the necessary tests. You will contribute to an international project as a member of an Agile team that uses SCRUM and XP. You’ll focus on creating high-quality code (unit test, integration test, continuous integration) and developing Java-based services and application using Java EE, Spring Framework and Web Services.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an energetic, collaborative environment where you do things properly and thoroughly the first time and improve the product with each subsequent release.
Join hybris R&D and help develop the Future of Commerce.
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience of in software development using Java EE
- 2+ years professional experience using Spring framework
- Excellent ability to write tests (unit and integration)
- Strong understanding of SOA and Web Services
- Strong understanding of transactional and multi-threaded processes
- Good knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and Agile development environment
- A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion
- Good verbal and written English
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
- Experience working with RESTful Web Services
- Experience with jUnit/TestNG
- Experience in R&D working on large-scale products
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment
- Knowledge of the e-Commerce sector
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
hybris offers a nice work environment located downtown Montreal (metro Peel and Central station), free access to a gym and excellent benefits.
Are you interested?
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to Java Software Developer