Operational Support Systems (OSS) Specialist
hybris is the future of commerce. To strengthen our team in our Montreal office, we need your help - now!
With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
As an Operational Support Systems Specialist, you will be responsible for engineering, deploying and maintaining systems that will answer the needs of the Managed Services department, e.g. monitoring systems, service measuring systems, etc.
- Your Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve the legacy monitoring systems (Opsview, SiteScope, Cacti, etc…).
- Implement and support a unified and global monitoring platform for application, network, products and other components.
- Prepare and execute the monitoring migration from the legacy platform to the unified platform.
- Collaborate with other teams and across departments to ensure accurate and useful monitoring and statistics are in place and that every relevant metric is monitored.
- Provide necessary documentation and procedures to the NOC to handle alarms in the production environment.
- Extend existing monitoring tools by developing scripts/plugins to customize service checks if required.
- Extend GUI functionality of existing monitoring tools to address the need for customized dashboard and reports.
- Design, test and document various other supporting systems to help manage the data centers.
- Deploy large-scale systems in a production environment.
- Your Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in information technology as an engineer or a system administrator.
- Self-motivated, proactive and positive attitude.
- Always willing to improve things.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills. Ability to work with different teams.
- Bilingual with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with monitoring systems based on nagios.
- Experience with Linux (Debian, RedHat) and Windows system administration (2003 and 2008).
- Scripting experience (shell, perl, etc…)
- Understanding of HTTP, SNMP, and Unix level components and how to monitor their health and efficiency.
- Knowledge of standard industry web servers (Apache, IIS) and java containers (JBoss, tomcat) and how to monitor them.
- Knowledge of database monitoring techniques and common problems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with VMware/ESX and physical hardware a benefit (Cisco routers and switching, HP networking, VMware, Cisco ASA Firewall) from a monitoring perspective.
- Knowledge of S.M.A.R.T monitoring system an asset.
- Knowledge of operational support systems and processes.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and methodologies.
hybris promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
hybris offers a nice work environment located downtown Montreal (metro Peel and Central station), free access to a gym and excellent benefits.Are you interested?
Please apply at email@example.com referring to Operational Support Systems (OSS) Specialist