Senior Application Support Specialist
hybris is the future of commerce. To strengthen our Team in Montreal, we need your help - now!
With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Engineering, the Senior Application Specialist is responsible for delivering application support to hybris managed services customers. He or she will collaborate with Managed Services administrators as well as internal Development, QA, and Services teams to champion customer priorities and drive incidents to closure. The Senior Application Specialist will combine excellent technical and functional problem solving skills with a keen business sense to deliver top notch customer-focused support.
- Your Responsibilities
- Administer and support b2b/b2c sites, applications and projects.
- Support of Web Services application infrastructure (ex: Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Active Directory).
- Support of Portal infrastructure components (Oracle Server, hybris).
- Implementation of web application environments to satisfy architecture requirements, such as: high availability, clustering, load balancing, multi-site replication, recovery procedures, and single sign on.
- Deployment of custom applications and product upgrades across various environments.
- Triage of support tickets and working with stakeholders until ticket resolved.
- Administering servers (setup, maintenance, backup/restore, and patching) in a VMware virtualized environment.
- Windows 2008 PowerShell, Linux, SQL and Oracle Shell script programming.
- Level III support of different hybris applications users via email or phone.
- Planning and execution of scheduled changes and maintenance of web applications.
- Creation and tracking of technical procedures, policies, and standard processes.
- Execution of infrastructure test plan (ex: unit, regression, stress, load, penetration).
- Research and recommend software, hardware and tools to meet business objectives
- Provide cross-team support for external applications
- Document hybris-related systems and activities
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- Portals applications, Application Servers and related infrastructure (4-6 yrs)
- Typically 4+ years of support experience
- Superior communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong debugging proficiency, including ability to read and debug complex code using an IDE
- Hands-on technical experience with Windows 2008, MS-SQL 2008, Oracle 11g database clustering, VMware and Linux
- Solid exposure to hosting and change management protocols
- Proven ability to act as a product functional and technical expert
- Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to carry a cell phone if required
- ColdFusion 8.0.1, JRun Server
- Tomcat 4.0, 5.0, 6.0
- Apache 2.0
- Site Scope Monitoring Tool
- Ops View V4 Monitoring Tool
- Fundamental understanding of: HTML, J2EE, SSL, Secure Certificates
- Application load balancing experience, application / JVM tuning, TCP/IP,
- DNS, LDAP, firewalls and multi-tiered architectures.
- Knowledge of ColdFusion/Java programming and UNIX shell scripting.
hybris promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
hybris offers a nice work environment and excellent benefits.Are you interested?
Please apply at email@example.com referring to Senior Application Support Specialist