Senior Java Web Developer – Professional Services
hybris is the future of commerce. To strengthen our team in our Montreal office, we need your help - now!
With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables ’OmniCommerce’: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys’R’Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
Hybris Canada, Inc. is currently looking for Senior Java Web Developers. The selected candidate will contribute to analyze, design, develop and support application modules for our B2B/B2C E-Commerce platform. The Senior Java Web Developer is responsible for the delivery of very high quality applications in respect of the industry highest level standards while using cutting edge Java technologies.
- Your Responsibilities
- Analyze/Provide technical solutions following customers request to change the web application functionalities.
- Use all the necessary development tools such as Eclipse, SVN, Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
- Design and implement scalable, highly available and user friendly web applications using Spring, JPA, JMS, AJAX, 2kframework.
- Follow the company code conventions based on the official Java coding standards as well as software development best practices (Design Patterns, N-Tiers architecture).
- Maintain and improve existing applications by developing and implementing new features.
- Collaborate with the other team members throughout the development lifecycle.
- Play a leading role in the development team to implement technical solutions according to business requirements.
- Mentor junior team members in Java and Object Oriented programming best practices and unit testing.
- Perform code reviews.
- Your Qualifications
- We are looking for a solid candidate who has experience in working with technology projects.
- Min. 5 years of relevant professional experience in Java Development.
- Min. 3 years of in depth experience with web based/e-commerce applications and/or business/customer management systems (ex. supply chain management).
- Solid experience with Design patterns and N-Tiers architectures.
- Experienced with HTML, JSP, TagLibs, XML and AJAX.
- Strong with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools. JPA is an asset.
- Experienced with database application such as Oracle or MySQL.
- Experienced with using Agile development methodology (Scrum, Scaled agile, Kanban).
- Experienced with web application servers such as JBoss, Apache and Tomcat.
- Experienced with Source Versioning (SVN, Mercurial) and unit testing (jUnit).
- Experienced with deployment tools such as Ant and Maven.
- Familiar with application frameworks (Spring/Spring MVC), and Web Services (REST/SOAP).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (bilingualism is an asset).
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent team player and problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiatives.
hybris promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
Are you interested?
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Senior Java Web Developer – Professional Services
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.