Java Web Developer
As one of the fastest growing multi-channel software leaders in Europe and North America, we’d like to strengthen our teams in our Montreal office. hybris is a fast-growing global company, which means you have a great opportunity to grow and succeed with us!
hybris Canada, Inc. is currently looking for Java Web Developers. Reporting to the Java Software Development Manager, the selected candidate will contribute to analyze, design, develop and support application modules for our B2B/B2C E-Commerce platform. The Java Web Developer is responsible for the delivery of very high quality applications in respect of the industry highest level standards while using cutting edge Java technologies.
- Your Responsibilities
- Analyze/Provide technical solutions following customers request to change the web application functionalities.
- Use all the necessary development tools such as Eclipse, SVN, Ant, Maven.
- Design and implement scalable, highly available and user friendly web applications using Spring, JPA, JMS, AJAX.
- Follow the company code conventions based on the official Java coding standards as well as software development best practices (Design Patterns, N-Tiers architecture).
- Maintain and improve existing applications by developing and implementing new features.
- Collaborate with the other team members throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop proof-of-concepts (R&D) in collaboration with the architectural team.
- Play a leading role in the development team to implement technical solutions according to business requirements.
- Mentor junior team members in Java and Object Oriented programming best practices.
- Participate in code review.
- Your Qualifications
- We are looking for a solid candidate who has experience in working with technology projects.
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in Java Development using Agile development methodology.
- Min. 2 years of in depth experience with web based/e-commerce applications and/or business/customer management systems (ex. supply chain management).
- Experienced with HTML, JSP, TagLibs, XML and AJAX
- Strong with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools. JPA is an asset.
- Experienced with web application servers such as JBoss.
- Experienced with Source Versioning (Mercurial) and unit testing (jUnit).
- Familiar with application frameworks (Spring), build automation (Ant) and Web Services (REST).
- Familiar with Linux operation system.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (bilingualism is an asset).
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent team player and problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiatives.
We offer a challenging work environment with abundant opportunities for you to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills. hybris has a flat organizational structure allowing all employees the ability to contribute.
We also encourage the innovative use of new technology and ideas. At hybris, you will enjoy working with smart, dynamic co-workers. We value your enthusiasm to do what it takes to deliver superior results to our clients.
Are you interested?
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to “Java Web Developer (m/f)“.